So last week Natalie from Free Spirit Designs surprised and delighted me by awarding Topaz Magpie a Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve been vaguely aware of this award for a little while, but never paid it much mind – until now! What a lovely idea, to support the blogs you enjoy and to tempt other readers along.
It appears the rules are thus: needless to say, I begin by thanking Natalie. Then I have to tell you all 7 random things about myself. Finally I nominate 15 blogs which I visit regularly, and let them know. You also get to add the Versatile Blogger button to your blog (if you can figure out how… give me time!). Not too tricky, so here goes…
7 Random things about me:
1) I love mystery, detective and historical fiction – preferably all together!
2) Before making jewellery I was a university librarian and yoga teacher.
3) I am horribly indecisive & a champion prevaricator. There, I’ve admitted it!
4) I have a 1976 red & white VW camper called Tabitha.
5) The first ‘real’ band I saw was The Smiths… in about 1985.
6) Gin is the best (alcoholic) drink. Ever. (Sometimes I’m not indecisive!)
7) I was once chosen to represent Cornwall in a fencing competition – only to catch a stomach bug from my daughter and so spent the day in bed instead. Boo.
And the blogs I enjoy?
It’s not that long since I began a blog indulgence, and I am fairly erratic with my reading. I do have a feed reader, but I can’t seem to find the time to keep up with all these busy and creative people! However, let me introduce you to the ones that I do (almost) always make time for…
Pipany & the Poltisko Memoirs
Summoning of the Muse
We Love Shiny Things (Lauren Grace)
Red Brick Glass
A Very British Affair
Miss Magpie Makes
Well having started my list I realised there were actually lots more I could have added, but these are the ones I go to most often (and that don’t already have thousands of followers!). I also notice that they are mostly sewing and arty blogs, not jewellery. Strange. And yes, I see that there is a slight magpie bias, but I don’t think you can hold that against me…
Now all I have to do is visit these lovely people and let them know. I hope you’ll take a look at any you haven’t already been to, and maybe find yourself a new favourite whilst you’re there.